Monday, November 19, 2012

Our Little Piece of Forever

So.................................................................*deep breaths* Twilight is officially over.

:''''''')

Right now, that thought is still very hard to grasp.  When you have something that has encompassed such a vast amount of your life for 4 years, it is hard to let it go.  Not that Twilight is going away forever, but it's the end of set pics, behind-the-scenes goodies, Twi promo, a new movie every November (well Eclipse was technically in June but whatever).  



I was talking to a friend yesterday, a friend I met through this saga, about how weird I've been feeling the past two days.  As strange as this sounds, it is like there is an emptiness...a piece feels like it is missing now that the saga is over.  Even though I am thrilled to see where Rob and Kristen go from here, there is a part of me that is sad to say goodbye to Twilight.  Friends, a HUGE wave of nostalgia has set in, and it's giving my emotions whiplash.   


There is something about this series and what it did to people that is very much undefinable.  I think it touched something inside many of us that will be impossible to match again.  It lit a fire.  There's a spark there that can't be replaced, and I am okay with that.  I don't know if I can speak for everyone when I say this, but I don't think I ever want that feeling replaced.



Being a part of this fandom brought a LOT of great friends into my life.  There are so many good memories I have gained, and I can wholeheartedly say I do not regret a thing.  Even through the cheesy dialogue, the horrible wigs, the sometimes questionable CGI, the :28 seconds of LIES, I wouldn't change it for the world.  To be a fan of this series is a once in a lifetime experience.  

It will always be our little piece of forever.....




No comments:

Post a Comment