Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Fashion Run Down

I'm not going to talk about the actual show, because let's face it, it was a POS.  It was not at all funny and went about 6 hours too long.  BUT, I will talk about the dresses.

Let's just face it, fashion is very subjective.  We all have those particular aspects that we either love or hate.

Example #1 I LOATHE gold detailing on dresses. I have no idea why, but it just ruins the whole dress for me.


Example #2 Dresses you love but makes a particular friend's skin crawl every time she sees it.



With that being said, we like what we like.  There's no need in making apologies for it.  So, let's breakdown the dresses from last night.

Naomi Watts: 

Wearing: Armani Prive
 Undoubtedly one of the best looks like night in my opinion.  Her dress stood out among the other Oscar nominees.

Stacy Keibler:

Wearing: Naeem Khan
One of my absolute favorite Naeem Khan dresses. The detailing, metallic tone, and fit of this dress=NAILED IT

Zoe Saldana:



Wearing: Alexis Mabille Couture
One of the more unique and stand out dresses of the night.  Visually stunning.  And that sheer black and grey lining underneath really made the dress pop.

Amy Adams: 


Wearing: Oscar de la Renta
Many people thought this was too much dress for her, but I thought she looked like a freaking princess.

Jessica Chastain: 


Wearing: Armani Prive 
At first, I was a bit underwhelmed by this dress.  I thought she should have went bolder since she was a nominee.  But the detailing and fit and her perfect red hair made up for it.  This looked absolutely stunning on her. 

Nina Dobrev:



Wearing: Naeem Khan
Okay, so she wasn't technically on the red carpet but she was at an Oscar party.  This dress is GORGEOUS.  Her hair and makeup are flawless.  She pretty much always nails it with her style choices.

Kristen Stewart: 






Wearing: Reem Acra Bridal Couture 2009 Collection
So many mixed feelings about this look.  She came out on crutches because of a foot injury.  I felt for her because when I'm in pain, I don't want to do anything or be near anyone.  So kudos to her for being such a trouper.  
I have an issue with how the dress fitted in the waist area.  It gave her no shape.  From a straight on angle, I don't like it very much.  But when she moves, it was beautiful.  MUCH better in motion.  And it was so gorgeous from the back.  Wasn't a huge fan of the pink eyeshadow...I thought it made her look tired and a little washed out.  Also, still sitting here waiting for someone to do something different with her hair.  That being said, she was just a presenter, so I do understand to an extent the understated look.  Kind of.....


Jennifer Lawrence: 




Wearing: Dior Haute Couture
LOVE.EVERYTHING.ABOUT.THIS.  The hair, the makeup, the jewelry.  This was a winner's dress.  She pulled out all the stops.  It was her night to shine, and this dress was the right pick for that moment. 

Also, this happened and it was the greatest thing ever.



Now that we all seemed to have survived the mess of a show last night, what were some of your favorite looks?





No comments:

Post a Comment