Thursday, September 27, 2012

Balenciaga...Yay or Nay

For the past several weeks, designers have been showcasing their Spring 2013 Ready-to-Wear collections. We've seen NYFW, LFW, MFW, and now we arrive at Paris. If you follow me on Pinterest, you have probably seen my 1800 pins of my favorite outfits so far...and are more than likely ready to flounce my Pinterest account.  #Sorrynotsorry

Balenciaga premiered their collection today in Paris.  As many of you may know, Kristen Stewart is the new face of the women's perfume, Florabotanica.  The fragrance officially made its debut in stores this month, so I was pretty positive Kristen would be there today at the Balenciaga show.

I have a love/hate relationship with Balenciaga.  There are some clothes that are funky and fun and others that are just downright ugly.  Of course, it's fashion, so to each their own.  Kristen has worn Balenciaga clothes throughout the past few years and even made a comment about how it was the first brand she ever recognized.  So, I'm going to break down some of her Balenciaga looks...ending with her look at the show today.  Opinions, I have them.  Again, I know everyone is not going to agree because like I said, fashion.

This was one of the first Balenciaga looks I remember Kristen wearing.  It was at the LA Twilight premiere.  LOVED that dress...youthful, yet classy.

New Moon premiere in Madrid.  I saw a lot of experimentation with Kristen's style during this round of promotion.  This look=AMAZING.  It was so edgy and refreshing.  And that sheer paneling, UNF.

There was a LOT of discussion about this look.  I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either.  One thing I did hate, those shoes.  I want to burn them.  Also, the fit of the pants...they looked better in some pictures than they did in others.  I liked the look a whole lot better without the jacket.  It was too boxy.  The top was fresh and fun.

*sigh* I have a huge issue with Balenciaga shoes.  Those are just a big fat no for me.  They took away so much from the whole look.  The dress-the top half was fabulous...the cut of the top looked great on her.  The bottom half-meh...I wish it was a tad bit shorter.  I don't like that the bottom of the dress hits right at her knees.  And in some pictures, it looked like there were smudge marks on the bottom piece of the dress.  

Those are some B-O-L-D pants my friend.  And to be quite honest, she rocked them.  There aren't many people who could pull those off.  The tailored blazer and white shirt gave it the subtle touch it needed to fully work.  Also, I did like how the pants unzipped over her shoes.

THIS dress!!!  This was a custom Balenciaga dress made just for Kristen for her OTR Cannes premiere.  I loved the vintage feel of it.  She looked stunning in it and that slit.  YES!  And those shoes were pretty drool-worthy as well. 
***I have a friend that may or may not loathe this dress with every fiber of her being.  She said it looked like living room curtains. LOL

Spring 2013 Balenciaga Show in Paris (aka Today).  Her face is perfect.  That's about all the positive I have to say about this look.  I was one of the very few people who didn't love this.  I am not a fan of print pants...at all.  Maybe I would have liked the look better if she would have paired it with heels instead of those "shoes."  

What about you?  Are you a big fan of Balenciaga?  Which of these looks do you like the best?

For me, it varies.  The Spring 2013 ready-to-wear collection that debuted actually had a lot of cute clothes that I can see Kristen rocking for Breaking Dawn part 2 promo.  To see the collection, go here ---> Balenciaga Spring 2013 Ready to Wear
















No comments:

Post a Comment