Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Start of Something New Part 4

Day 4

Anytime I have a fashion question, I always go to Kim.  She got me interested in this whole fashion world.  So naturally she was the first person I went to with my premiere look idea. She literally had her picks to me in like 10 minutes.  I, of course, am a very indecisive person. I'm still not sure what my #5 pick is, and I post mine tomorrow. LOL.  While browsing through looks last week, I sent her a picture and said "Do you know where this event was?" She responded with, "That's not a premiere, that was a fan event." 

this

and then this

Jill then joined in on the whole debacle. The conversation between the 3 of us went something like this:

yes, that was Kim's idea to title our chat group "Mean Girls." the reasoning behind that is a story for a different day.

Who knows if we ever actually came to a consensus.  So, without further ado, here we go for day 4....


Jill's @JRollin5 picks 
#5 LA BD2 Premiere
(The Gold dress.  I would have preferred it to have a thin silk underlay or something so it wasn't just the see through lace, but meh. What can you do? lol.  Not that I don't thoroughly enjoy seeing as much of K as possible, but in this case I think it would have been a little better.  I REALLY liked the bodice and the way it fit. It was PERFECT.  And her HAIR. OMG.  It made the look SO old Hollywood.  It was so gorgeous.  All curls and flowing and HNNNNG.  Her makeup was fabulous, too!!  She looked so amazing in that color.  She looks good in every color.)

#4 LA The Runaways Premiere
(She surprised everyone I think because up until then she wasn't really a fashion risk taker and not really into fashion at all.  She really started experimenting with color on this promo tour and this especially seemed WAY out of character for her.  But, she owned it.  She went funky with her hair and she looked AMAZING.  Just like a rock star, baby.)


#3 NYC The Runaways Premiere
  (Pucci. I love you.  The dress was so itty bitty omg, but it just showed off her AMAZING ROCKIN ASS BODY.  It fit like a glove.  Her skin, as per the usual, was FLAWLESS.  And with her hair so dark, it just made it so much prettier because of the contrast.   And, she didn't over-do it with the makeup which I loved.  The dress was busy and the makeup was minimal.  Good combo I think.)

#2 NYC Eclipse Premiere
(LOVE.  Her HAIR is my FAVORITE.  The color is amazing and the styling?!!!!? The braid is absolutely the BEST and the little pieces hanging down loose?!  HOLY SHIT. I loved it.  AND HER MAKE UP? One of the best looks on her ever.  Just the color of the eyeshadow and her green eyes popping... OMG. GORGEOUS.  The dress was great bc it brought out the color of her hair and make up by making them pop! but otherwise just a black dress I suppose.  IDK, I just adored this look)

#1 Cannes Cosmopolis Premiere
(DUH.  Fucking A I love her in red.  That dress was just.... GAHHHHHH.  Reem Acra, well done. WELL DONE, Kristen.  She was stunning. And the pic where you can see all of the photographers... just takes my breath away. It feels so MOVIE STAR.  It is easy to forget sometimes what their life on the red carpet entails.  creepy side note: SIDE BOOB UNFFFFFF)


Kim's @kimmcarr picks
#5 LA Adventureland Premiere
(And oldie, but a goodie. I almost chose Eclipse NY as my final look, but when I really started to think about her premiere looks, I kept coming back to this one. I feel like this was when she really stepped up to the fashion plate to take some risks. She had Twilight under her belt and this smaller movie coming out where she wasn't the only ticket seller and I think she took that opportunity to take a risk (or at least I like to pretend that was her motivation as, in reality, I have no idea why she chooses one outfit over another since I'm sadly not a part of her styling team - OMG DREAM JOOOOOB). I liked how this was one of her first uses of color. And I loved the hair and makeup. And I'm pretty much obsessed with her eyebrows from this night.)

#4 LA OTR AFI Premiere
(I have my issues with a lot of Balenciaga's designs. But the Spring 2013 collection was by far the strongest collection in many seasons and I was really excited to see many of the pieces on Kristen. I was so happy that she wore this particular look! I really like when she wears pants to events, and boy did she wear these pants! I like the feminine/masculine combination in this outfit, not quite androgynous cuz that top was allllll woman, but definitely kick-ass. And that makeup! She was not playing around that night. It was like all the elements aligned to form a really badass Kristen Stewart.)

#3 London BD1 Premiere
(This was the first time I saw her in a long dress and thought omg she really can wear these without them overwhelming her. The dress was so flattering on her, adding the belt was genius, she looked long and curvy and very confident. Her makeup was also just perfect.)

#2 Cannes Cosmopolis Premiere
(I've been in love with that Reem Acra dress since I first saw it a couple years ago. Never did I think Kristen would be the one to wear it, because 1) it wasn't current and 2) she wasn't REALLY a gown person yet. And after the mess that was the On The Road dress (sorry Jessica, and everyone else who liked that dress) I had low expectations for this. But Kristen blazed onto that red carpet looking out of this world. By far the sexiest she's ever looked. I love red. It's my favorite color on her. I love lace (again) and the hints of it on this dress are so sexy and flattering. Her hair and makeup were so perfect. The gold, glittery eyeshadow? I mean, stop it. She was flawless. If I could tie this with Breaking Dawn Part 2 in LA, I would and the only reason that edged this look out was how mature she looked in Los Angeles)

#1 LA BD2 Premiere
(When she stepped out of the car, literally in front of me, I turned to my friend and started crying because she had never been more beautiful. In person the dress didn't come off as sheer as in the photos, so I didn't even really notice that until after the movie when I was going through everything. But more than the dress, which fit her so well, and was so flattering on her, and so grown up, and just so movie star, her hair and makeup were flawless. She was old Hollywood meets modern Hollywood and she bridged the two perfectly. She also looked softer than she usually does, and I really appreciated that. And I love lace. I love that lace is making a big comeback in fashion. So many looks this season incorporated lace and I love that Kristen embraced.)


[A/N: Kim and Jill, I loved our banter over what constituted as a premiere.  I'm sure we still don't all agree, but hey, that's the beauty in it.  Thank you girls from the bottom of my heart.  ILY both!]




No comments:

Post a Comment